New-generation face clamp
Designed and built by Shaw Engineering to Lesedi Drilling requirements, the face clamp incorporates a host of safety and productivity improvement features. The assistant operator does not have to operate the face clamp during rod-pulling operations, reducing the chances of an accident and greatly improving the speed of rod-pulling.
The new-generation face clamp has several very practical and innovative features:
· New, self-centralising chuck with hand wheel for rapid adjustment.
· Tightening the chuck on only one side of the face clamp.
· Stuffing box with tough, polyurethane seal.
· A cam-locking rod gripper, which prevents “run-away” rod strings.
· One-man operation when inserting rods.