In the pursuance of the highest standards of environmental care and protection Lesedi Drilling and Mining contractors is committed to:
Managing all issues of environment policy as integral parts of company business and planning.
- Developing appropriate environment policies and programmes, and monitor their consistent implementation by accountable and adequately resourced personnel.
- Complying with environment legislation requirements and follow global trends and standards of best practice.
- Requiring all our operations to be compliant with the environmental management standard of our clients.
- Fostering awareness of shared responsibility and accountability for the environment among employees through a communication programme which embraces interaction and co-operation with all stakeholders.
- Co-operating with regulatory agencies, our principals and employee representatives to promote constructive interaction in environmental issues of mutual concern.
- conserving the use of energy and water, and other natural resources through employing, wherever practical, the principles of reduction, recovery, re-use and recycling.
- Managing wastes, emissions, dust and the use of potentially harmful substances so as to prevent pollution.
- Preparing and updating plans for managing environment risk and potential emergencies.
- Conducting regular environmental audits to evaluate compliance and effectiveness of the environment policy of the company.
- Lesedi Drilling recognises that the long-term sustainability of its business is dependent upon good stewardship in the protection of the environment and Lesedi Drilling will:
· at least comply with all applicable laws, regulations and requirements;
· conduct its activities so that consideration is given to economic, social and environmental values;
· establish and maintain management systems to identify, monitor and control environmental aspects of its activities;
· ensure that its employees are aware of this policy and their relevant responsibilities;
· conduct environmental audits to evaluate the effectiveness of its management systems;
· communicate and consult with interested and affected parties on environmental aspects of its activities;
· work to continually improve its environmental performance.